What we'll cover in this support article:
Google Analytics is a powerful tool for tracking who is visiting your profile. Easily view where users are visiting from, how many are visiting per day, and much more.
If you don't have an analytics account, please head here for help getting it setup. We recommend creating a new property for your profile page. Once that is done, return here for the next step.
Getting Your Tracking ID
The piece of information Ask The Doctor needs is called a Tracking ID. Each property on Google Analytics will have a unique one (UA-XXXXXXXX-X).
- Sign in to your analytics account.
Open your property and select a view
- Select "Admin" at the bottom of the menu
Select Tracking Info > Tracking Code from the Property Column
- Copy the Tracking ID located in the top left corner.
Paste the Tracking ID on the Ask The Doctor settings page in the Integrations section.
- You're all set! Tracking info will take around 24 hours to show up in your Google Analytics account.
If you're advertising with Google Ads you can leverage Ask The Doctor to target visitors to your profile with our integration.
The piece of information Ask The Doctor needs is the Tracking ID of a remarketing tag (AW-XXXXXXXX). Setup steps can be viewed in more detail in this google remarketing tag setup guide or you can view an abbrevieted version below.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Click on the tools icon in the upper right and click Audience Manager under the section labeled “Shared library”
- On the left, click Audience sources. This opens a group of sources from which you can create remarketing lists.
- In the “Google Ads tag” card, click SET UP TAG.
- If you’ve already set up a tag, select Edit source from the 3-dot icon in the upper right of the “Google Ads tag” card. If you’re just getting the code, skip to step 6.
- Select which type of data the tag will collect, standard data or specific attributes/parameters.
- Click CREATE AND CONTINUE.
- This button will say SAVE AND CONTINUE for an existing tag.
- When the installation screen appears, your global site tag and event snippet will be ready for use. We only need the ID from this line
Paste the ID on the settings page in the Integrations section.
- You're all set! Tracking info will take a few hours to show up in your Google Ads account.
Don't see an answer to your question? Contact us.