If you're looking to get more email subscribers via MailChimp, Links by Ask The Doctor makes it possible in just a few easy steps!
Setting up your Mailchimp API key
This integration also requires a Mailchimp account.
- Login to your MailChimp Account
- Navigate to the API keys screen, by clicking on your username in the top right corner and select 'account'. Next click 'Extras' and select 'API Keys'. (or click this shortcut)
- Select all and copy the API Key field.
Paste in the API Key on your settings page under "Integrations"
- You're all set!
We support having up to five merge fields on an email signup link. Think of a merge field as just another input on your link to collect information, like a first and last name.
Note: Make sure to test your email signup link. If you receive an error about merge tags, make sure that required fields in Mailchimp and Links match each other. If the "First Name" field is required on your Mailchimp signup form, it has to be required on your profile email link.
Creating an Email Signup link
Once your API key has been added to profile, you can add an email signup link.
- Go to your admin page
Click the arrow on the "Add New Link" button and select "Email Signup".
Add a label and select a Mailchimp list from the dropdown.
Add merge tags if you'd like to capture more information from your subscriber.
- Merge tags have to match what's in Mailchimp to work correctly. Make sure to test after updating them.
- All done! Visitors can now signup for your mailchimp list.
Still have questions? Contact us.